- kosher salt
- 1 lb. box dry pasta
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 c. chopped kale
- 1 c. fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c. chopped walnuts
- 1/2 c. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for garnish
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 c. small fresh mozzarella balls
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
- In a grill pan (or a large skillet), heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Season both sides of chicken with salt and pepper then add to skillet. Cook until golden and seared on both sides, about 8 minutes per side. Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice into 1/2" pieces.
- Make pesto: Combine kale, basil, and walnuts in a food processor. Pulse until greens and nuts are finely chopped. Scrape down the sides, then add olive oil, Parmesan, garlic, and lemon juice and season with salt. Pulse until blended.
- Pour pesto over pasta, then add tomatoes and mozzarella and toss until combined. Top with sliced chicken.
- Serve with more basil and Parmesan.